DNAS forever

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Agamemnon
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: DNAS forever

Post by Agamemnon »

Is there a chance that Phantasy Star Universe can come back for private servers?

Because I entered for both the primary and secondary DNS and it still gave me the 402 error.

no23
Level 7: PacifistZone

Post by no23 »

Phantasy Star Universe can pass DNAS but the only existing servers for PSU don't support the PS2 version.

brad2192
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Breadstick

Post by brad2192 »

IS there a specific time frame when this server will be launched? I have tried using a couple of SOCOM games using the specified DNS address with no luck. And on behalf of the community I want to say thank you so much for doing this!

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

brad2192 wrote:IS there a specific time frame when this server will be launched? I have tried using a couple of SOCOM games using the specified DNS address with no luck. And on behalf of the community I want to say thank you so much for doing this!
Hi! Welcome to the forum.

There are actually no servers available for any SOCOM games. One is actually in project you can read it there : http://community.therealsocom.com/ .May be for the end of this year if progress is good. And may be not only SOCOM 1 would be online but SOCOM 2 aswell.

SOCOM 1 (US Version) doesn't have any DNAS (EU and JP version does). The DNAS packet capture phase was to collect as much as possible DNAS Packet. All the gmae listed in the first post page can be playable IF a server is up. Some of those game don't have any private server yet and may be won't.
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

pmaster BR
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by pmaster BR »

no23 wrote:Phantasy Star Universe can pass DNAS but the only existing servers for PSU don't support the PS2 version.
I think it would be possible now, with your DNA project, and with the help of Clementine server. They revived a little time the PC version, in the forum FAQ there is a question about the version of playstation 2, if it could be possible to bring his version back online, it is here:

Q: "What about PS2?"
A: Probably not. While there's more light at the end of the tunnel for PS2 than there is for Xbox, the trouble and time spent would not be worth it.

I believe that this light shines stronger now, a hug and thank you for the project again. :D

DonkeyKong
Level 22: Rogue Soldier

Post by DonkeyKong »

They won't implement the PS2 support because the sometimes add new content to PC version,that would be impossible to bring to PS2 that will cause server desynchronization and other troubles. So Clementine isn't a variant ,packet captures of this game exists ,so I guess it is possible to revive it.

brad2192
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai username: Breadstick

Post by brad2192 »

Hunk91 wrote:
brad2192 wrote:IS there a specific time frame when this server will be launched? I have tried using a couple of SOCOM games using the specified DNS address with no luck. And on behalf of the community I want to say thank you so much for doing this!

There are actually no servers available for any SOCOM games. One is actually in project you can read it there : http://community.therealsocom.com/ .May be for the end of this year if progress is good. And may be not only SOCOM 1 would be online but SOCOM 2 aswell.

SOCOM 1 (US Version) doesn't have any DNAS (EU and JP version does). The DNAS packet capture phase was to collect as much as possible DNAS Packet. All the gmae listed in the first post page can be playable IF a server is up. Some of those game don't have any private server yet and may be won't.
Thank you for your prompt response! What servers are playable ass of now? I do see your website up, are any PS2 games currently working for your server?

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

brad2192 wrote: Thank you for your prompt response! What servers are playable ass of now? I do see your website up, are any PS2 games currently working for your server?
You can find an updated list in this post : forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=1880#p11610

The pdf file will be updated next week.

Just a reminder, this pdf file is only for the games which were part of the DNAS packet capture phase! Only those games which have a server running (DNS writen on the right) can still be played. Just look at the version also, some games only work for 1 region!

Have a nice online game!

See you!
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by carcass64 »

brad2192 wrote:
Hunk91 wrote:

Thank you for your prompt response! What servers are playable ass of now? I do see your website up, are any PS2 games currently working for your server?
Socom 1 is more farther along than Socom 2 I think. There are a few keys that needed to be decrypted which were causing headache's as No.23 has said:
(RSA and RC4 encryptions with alternating keys for every session) and the progress is a lot slower than we expected.

HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod

Post by HeroWolfMod »

Hellol, I was recently trying to go online with Tony Hawk Underground 1 for PS2, NTSC version, since the game appears in the US list of saved packets. I also tried with THPS3 and THPS4, but those are PAL, and don't have DNAS, so you can ignore these two, maybe.
Here's the problem: The game tells me it can't automatically redirect me to the server address, so I put this DNS 190.91.90.160 (not the one that starts with 24, that's Bobz's, and I heard he has yet to update his DNS) I got from this .pdf http://www.cjoint.com/doc/16_10/FJllYqqlLAV_ps2.pdf , my IP, Subnet mask and Gateway. When I do so, it connects, sends me to the character selection screen, I choose the character, accept the DNAS check and I get one of these 3 DNAS Error codes: 611, 612 and 613.

I was wondering if it's because I can't reach the third party server or if the DNAS has got problems.
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.