DNAS forever

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
no23
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: DNAS forever

Post by no23 »

Hunk91 wrote:I made the list, you can download it here : http://www.cjoint.com/doc/16_10/FJllYqqlLAV_ps2.pdf
Nice job! This list should be stickied as the ultimate online forever list.

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

no23 wrote: Nice job! This list should be stickied as the ultimate online forever list.
Thank you No23!
This lis is theorical crossing informations from the Dnas packet and the online game list.
Some games need to be tested to be sure it's really working
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Thanks a lot no23 for the work. This was literally the main obstacle from keeping large number of games online forever with openspy and various other servers. I apologize for not getting more gamespy games working. I had them all downloaded but didn't get to them in time. I didn't expect the servers to actually shut down so soon.

Also thanks hunk for the pdf. This is extremely helpful. DNAS is one of the main reason I was hesitant to make an online list. I will try to get a basic list up and running.

I plan on hosting a custom DNS server that should work for all the games with online servers so you can make it as uniform as possible. Should I just forward the dnas URL to your ip? Also if you plan on releasing the code, I could attempt to maintain it but I can't guarantee anything. I would probably set it up on github or equivalent if you don't.

Thanks again for your wonderful work. This enables the ps2 to be played online through normal network modes forever!

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Post by Vedita BR »

Just Reporting that now ....
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence shows error -106 (network authentication system error). It used to show error -103 (this software title is not in service) on Sony server.

Network Start-Up Disc v4 pass on DNAS check.

All of them were tested using XxChrISTIAHnxX's (sorry if I typed your name wrong) DNS.
Last edited by Vedita BR on Wed Oct 12, 2016 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Viscosity wrote:Thanks a lot no23 for the work. This was literally the main obstacle from keeping large number of games online forever with openspy and various other servers. I apologize for not getting more gamespy games working. I had them all downloaded but didn't get to them in time. I didn't expect the servers to actually shut down so soon.

Also thanks hunk for the pdf. This is extremely helpful. DNAS is one of the main reason I was hesitant to make an online list. I will try to get a basic list up and running.

I plan on hosting a custom DNS server that should work for all the games with online servers so you can make it as uniform as possible. Should I just forward the dnas URL to your ip? Also if you plan on releasing the code, I could attempt to maintain it but I can't guarantee anything. I would probably set it up on github or equivalent if you don't.

Thanks again for your wonderful work. This enables the ps2 to be played online through normal network modes forever!
Thank you Viscosity and this is a great news yu are annoucning! I hope the best for your DNS project! I'm interested by the technical aspect of it (how to do it, which programs you will use, how to set it up)

Yesterday evening on xCrI$TiAhNx, I tested Area51 EU version (PAL) and DNAS passed. Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge US version (NTSC-U) and DNAS passed. Next time for both games I will try to create a room.

i also played Star Wars Battlefront 1 US version (NTSC-U) and DNAS passed, Star Wars Battlefront 2 US version (NTSC-U) and DNAS passed also. On this game the same player as yesterday (named Panama) joined, but also seemed to quit a few seconds later.

I did a test yesterday on Star Wars Battlefront 2 US version (NTSC-U) with OPL. I left the game ID blank and launch the game. I could connect to the server and passed the DNAS! (normally it should have not passed the DNAS check)

I will try to test Sniper Elite US version (NTSC-U) but also other games that were not in the DNAS packets capture phase like Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge EU version (PAL).
Vedita BR wrote:Just Reporting that now ....
Metal Gear Solid 3: Subsistence shows error -106 (network authentication system error). It used to show error -103 (this software title is not in service) on Sony server.
Hi Verdita BR, which version of the game did you test ? EU (PAL), US (NTSC-U), JP (NTSC-J) ?

The DNAS packet captured was for a EU (PAL) version of the game.
Last edited by Hunk91 on Wed Oct 12, 2016 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

Sounds like things are starting to snow ball and that's great. So far, using the US dns, i can't host on killzone or jak x racing. It sounds like other games are working as expected though. I'll look more into the list and test others out and see which ones do and don't work yet. I hope most of them all do in time.

Does the us version of resident evil 1 or 2 work online with the us dns or what would you have to do to play and connect to others online? I'm not a fan of the game, but it perked up one of my friends ears when i told him that i think its playable online again. I thought he might need to get the Japan version to play with others online.

Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

teamR@@K!E wrote: Does the us version of resident evil 1 or 2 work online with the us dns or what would you have to do to play and connect to others online? I'm not a fan of the game, but it perked up one of my friends ears when i told him that i think its playable online again. I thought he might need to get the Japan version to play with others online.
With the DNAS collect that was done the DNAS check for the US version should pass but, the server created only works with the japanese versions of the game (Translation patch do exist for both games, that's what I use, if you want more informations about that just PM me). And you need to create an account of the forum https://www.obsrv.org

The japanese server was completly different from the US and EU servers. No23 could tell more precisly about it, but from what I understood it was easier to recreate (thanks to the packet captures made a long time ago) than the 2 others. If I remember it right, the server's was KDDI for JP anf SNAP for US and EU. SNAP is much more complexe to recreate.

no23
Level 7: PacifistZone

Post by no23 »

teamR@@K!E wrote:So far, using the US dns, i can't host on killzone or jak x racing.
That's because they rely on Sony's Medius Lobbyserver (just like SOCOM). Those are long gone...
Hunk91 wrote:With the DNAS collect that was done the DNAS check for the US version should pass but, the server created only works with the japanese versions of the game (Translation patch do exist for both games, that's what I use, if you want more informations about that just PM me). And you need to create an account of the forum https://www.obsrv.org

The japanese server was completly different from the US and EU servers. No23 could tell more precisly about it, but from what I understood it was easier to recreate (thanks to the packet captures made a long time ago) than the 2 others. If I remember it right, the server's was KDDI for JP anf SNAP for US and EU. SNAP is much more complexe to recreate.
That pretty much sums it up. DNAS authentification is possible for every Resident Evil/Biohazard Outbreak game that has online mode. But the gameserver has been developed only for the japanese versions. We had packet captures from the time the original servers were still online. Those were a big help. The US and EU versions used a different middleware (SN@P - SEGA Network Application Package, a suite of technologies and services designed to provide a multi-platform, end-to-end, network multiplay solution) and as far as I know there don't exist packet captures from that time. Several people tried very hard to find them but had no luck. This basically means the only option is to reverse engineer the online portion of the games which is kind of useless because the games are fully working with translation patches.

Agent13
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by Agent13 »

One Question: Monster Hunter G for ps2 uses KDDI?

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by carcass64 »

Agent13 wrote:One Question: Monster Hunter G for ps2 uses KDDI?
I'm pretty sure it does