Area 51 7/15

Go here to see which online PS2 games our community has been playing. Also, go here to discuss a specific online match you played in.

So, if you met up with some community members for an online match, feel free to post a thread here to start up some discussion about that specific game.
teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Area 51 7/15

Post by teamR@@K!E »

I couldn't join anyone's room and it seems only James could join rooms that were hosted
yet when James hosts a room, i can't even join his

i think there was a total of four players from this forum
but we all couldn't get in the same room

anyone have ideas as to why this is happening?

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Re: Area 51 7/15

Post by teamR@@K!E »

well later on there was a turn out of random people and
someone who just raped at the game, he was hosting

but its cool to see life out side this forum where people play games they love

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Area 51 7/15

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Well the problem is caused by people having ports closted to their ps2. Most ps2 online games require the host to have one or more ports open to their ps2. Some games seem to even have trouble letting people connect to a host (who has their ports open) if the person joining has his ports to his ps2 closed. To not experience any of those problems, everyone playing would have to have the ports open to the ps2. Each ps2 online games requires different sets of ports to be open, so the way to fix this is to setup a static ip address on your ps2 as a network configuration on your memory card. Then, go into your router's menu and set that IP address from your ps2 on the DMZ mode. That will open all ports to your ps2.