Summer of Amplitude (2012)

Create a thread here to schedule a time to play PS2 games online through their normal servers.
FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Summer of Amplitude (2012)

Post by FreddY »

Enter the rhythmic world of Amplitude, and let your senses take control. Fast gameplay allows you to mix and remix songs from recording artists such as Garbage, David Bowie, P.O.D., BT, Weezer, Pink, Dieselboy, blink-182, and Run DMC, within more than 25 immersive levels. Unleash your inner rhythm in five arenas--complete with artist music videos--either solo or online against FreQs nationwide. Stake your claim to top DJ with online chat, lobby functions, and ladder rankings.

PlayStation has announced via the official SOCOM forums that the entire SOCOM series for PS2 and PSP will have their online servers terminated on August 31, 2012.

This also means the end of Amplitude online.

Many of us have enjoyed the unique online experience of Amplitude for PS2 since I contributed in resurrecting its online server last summer. This was made possible by having Amplitude 'piggyback' off of the SOCOM 1 online server through DNS redirection. With the SOCOM series going offline, this essentially spells the end of Amplitude online forever since it does not feature a LAN mode.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Summer of Amplitude
I am proposing that those of us within the PS2 online gaming community put forth a focus on getting together to play Amplitude more often throughout the summer as a 'final farewell'. Whether it can be on a consistent weekly basis taking place on weekends, or random pick-up games throughout the week.

I certainly encourage anyone that doesn't own Amplitude to pick up a copy of the game and join in on this last hurrah. You can get a used copy for only $0.99 at GameStop.

Feel free to use this as a general thread to let anyone know when you are going to be playing Amplitude online between now and August 31, 2012.

So, who's ready to FreQout?

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Summer of Amplitude (2012)

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I agree. We should get in as much Amplitude as possible before it dies. What are us poor Freqs going to do once this goes offline :cry: . If people wanted to try to set a regular time for this feel free to suggest a day and time you'd want. Otherwise, I'd be open to random games when I am around. Just look in my profile for my instant messenger and skype nicknames and add me on them. Best way to get in contact with me quickly.

harrykid
Level 9: Greg Hasting's Competition Squirtguns Max'd
Xlink Kai username: OaklandCA54

Post by harrykid »

Dang it the only gamestop by me that has it is 13 miles away. I could hop a few buses though . Is it any fun online?
(gmt-7)

MajinHalo521
Xlink Kai username: MetaSwordzGuy695

Post by MajinHalo521 »

I haven't played it online but the people here only play on insane mode. Expect a challenge when you hop on a server.
(gmt-5)

dj.robb
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by dj.robb »

damn. man imma pay my respects everyday i can till the end. all my other games aint terminating 4 a good minute. y not. i gotta warn ethan eves about this.
AMP it UP.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

MajinHalo521 wrote:I haven't played it online but the people here only play on insane mode. Expect a challenge when you hop on a server.
Not always, but yea some of us like to play on brutal or insane. If I am playing with newer people though I dont mind playing on normal.

FreddY
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Post by FreddY »

The sun has set on the Summer of Amplitude. It was a fun ride to the very end.

Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Post by Masquarr »

Yeah, it was a blast! FreddY, favrenation, lazyhoboguy and I played full (four-player) matches late into the night. I didn't have my VCR or capture card hooked up to my PS2 at the time, but fortunately Lazyhoboguy and FreddY were recording it. FreddY even had a live upstream going on the front page of his website!
(gmt-4)