Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 online?

Create a thread here to schedule a time to play PS2 games online through their normal servers.
NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Re: Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 online?

Post by NoLimits »

dang, I didn't check the site until now. If either of you two are around, I'm open to test if it's cross region compatible.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

me and no limits found out that it is not cross region compatbile.

hobojoe44
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: [STFU]*hobojoe44

Post by hobojoe44 »

Favrenation wrote:me and no limits found out that it is not cross region compatbile.
Sorry to bump a old post but that's stupid the Xbox version is cross region compatible the only ones I can think of that are not are some South/Central American releases like XIII

And if you people still play this you should consider picking up earned in Blood as it has the 10 multiplayer maps from Hill 30 plus 10 of it's own, plus skirmish mode.

I play the Xbox version of EIB on XBC and Xlink from time to time but many of the people I've played with never bothered to play single player so they try to Run & Gun and Pray & Spray then quit shortly after words because they only manged to get a single kill or in one case non at all even after a few maps.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

There's no problem in bumping old topics here. I never understood why people get so mad about that on some sites lol. If the post is extremely relevant to an existin g thread, why not post in it?

That's interesting that the xbox version is cross region compatible. I still haven't even tried to play my ps2 copy of this yet.

hobojoe44
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: [STFU]*hobojoe44

Post by hobojoe44 »

lazyhoboguy wrote:There's no problem in bumping old topics here. I never understood why people get so mad about that on some sites lol. If the post is extremely relevant to an existin g thread, why not post in it?
I can understand when it's a 2 year old topic and some one posts asking the previous poster
what time do you want to play
like so many topics on the Xlink forum :lol:
lazyhoboguy wrote:
That's interesting that the Xbox version is cross region compatible. I still haven't even tried to play my ps2 copy of this yet.
I think every XBox game Lan mode is cross region compatible, besides non live multiplayer enabled games, as they weren't made to be played online in the first place so it's understandable. Halo 1, Serous Sam, Deathrow, Brutefroce ETC

For actual Live multiplayer I recall playing with some people from France before in one game but it could have been different for some games especially with games that don't have normal servers, one with the stupid matchmaking only that Halo 2 popularized

As for the South/Central American releases I believe it's because Xbox Live wasn't available there at the time which I found out that if you just switch the default.xbe (game executable file) with that of say a PAL (European) or NSTC (North America) version of the file and the game is compatible with the rest of the world :roll:
XIII and Ghost Recon 2 & Summit Strike are like this.