Introduction...........

New to the site? Post here to introduce yourself.
Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Introduction...........

Post by Viscosity »

The PS2 was the second gaming console I ever had (The first being the PS1) but I was five when I had that so I wasn't really gaming. The PS2 is when I first started to play games. I first had NFL Blitz Pro, Pacman World 2, and Spongebob Battle for Bikini Bottom. I loved them all. My PS2 broke somewhere around 3rd and 4th grade so I didn't get a new one until 6th grade and it was a slim. That's when I realized you could play online but I didn't know the difference between and Ethernet chord and phone chord so I had know idea how to get online. It was not until 8th grade when out family got AT&T Uverse and each TV box had an Ethernet port. I decided to steal my brother's Xbox 360 Ethernet cable (He uses WIFI anyway) and plugged it into my PS2. My brother had recently bought the Call of Duty combo pack with Finest Hour and Big Red One. I tried to see if anybody was online and there was! That's how I got into online gaming and I am now trying to play other consoles online even though I already have a PS3. So far I have a Dreamcast which is plenty fun to play online despite the limited number of games. My plans are to get an original Xbox.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Introduction...........

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea I owned a ps2 for many years before I got mine online as well. My problem was that I was on dialup. I think my very first ps2 game I tried online was killzone 1 lol. Even though it was my first online game I still knew something about its online mode was wrong haha. I moved on to Call of Duty 3 online when I got that and found that a bit more enjoyable.

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

I was always into online gaming on the PS2, even though our family didn't have broadband until I was in 8th grade. My first online game was actually the Frequency demo, which was fun, but it got old fairly quickly.

Glad to see you are still into PS2 gaming Farvenation. I know that it can be tempting to brush off Xlink as too much work, but it opens up a whole new world of gaming.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by thebadassdude »

i want an original xbox to ninja gaiden on it that game was awesome
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under a loaded gun
And it cant be out fought,it cant be out done
it cant be out match.it cant be out run.NO!

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

thebadassdude wrote:i want an original xbox to ninja gaiden on it that game was awesome
try ninja gaiden 2 on the 360 if you get a chance. It's ridiculously awesome

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...

Post by thebadassdude »

wawowe wrote:
thebadassdude wrote:i want an original xbox to ninja gaiden on it that game was awesome
try ninja gaiden 2 on the 360 if you get a chance. It's ridiculously awesome
ninja gaiden 2 is also for ps3 i played the demo
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone

wawowe
site admin

Post by wawowe »

Unfortunately the ps3 version is severely censored and somewhat cut down. Does have some new modes, but online is awful so not really worth it. They took out a few other great things like the almost endless battles that you could warp to. The xbox version is the only version imo. having played them both and beaten both on "master ninja" (which is really fucking hard) haha. But yeah, 360 has the only good version of that game the way it's supposed to be.

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...

Post by thebadassdude »

i played the first ninja gaiden (not ninja gaiden black)on xbox and it was hard on normal settings but i got use to it and was way to easy for me even on the hardest diffculty.
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone

wawowe
site admin

Post by wawowe »

I only ever played black/sigma so i'm no sure what the hardest in the original was like. In ninja gaiden 2 it's pretty much super tough enemies with exploding arrows, dogs, werewolves, guy's with machine guns/rockets etc and scorpion looking things and if anything so much as touches you. you're dead. the difference in the 360 and ps3 versions as far as difficulty goes is in the ps3 they had a max of like 3 enemies on screen. So they made them a little tougher, where the 360 version was like 50 enemies on screen and they're not as tough but they're all attacking you. You really have to move

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Well the same people who made ninja gaiden also made dead or alive xtreme beach volleyball which imho has better gameplay then any ninja gaiden game. :lol: