Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Leyo
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain

Post by Leyo »

Hey everyone
so i come from the "Syphon Filter Central" forums and "Syphon Filter Central" discord server, we have been working on Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (2004) or just SF:TOS or TOS, we want to revive the online for this game, here are the possibilities and problems:

Scenario 1: We need "previously captured data packets" from back when the servers were still up, as the servers have been shut down long ago, and in 2011 the online for TOS was revived briefly by piggypacketing off the Ratchet & Clank servers but that got shut down too, so we need to know if someone has captured TOS data packets or knows someone who did, also Ratchet & Clank packets can be helpful too

Scenario 2: we re-enable the LAN functionality in the game and for that we need to find "Beta 1" of TOS, so far we only managed to find "Beta 2" which is not what we want so if anyone knows where to look for that too, then please do tell (we don't if Beta 1 will actually help bring LAN to the game but it is possible)

Scenario 3: none of the previous 2 options happen and then we have to reverse engineer the game and i don't know where to start with that and it can take a long time

Scenario 4: someone leaks the source code for the game, obviously impossble

so the main request here is if anyone knows any info about the progress of this game's online revival? and were there any data packets captured?

i'll leave a link to our discord channel by the way
https://discord.gg/nybGnhg