DNAS forever

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod

Re: DNAS forever

Post by HeroWolfMod »

Crap, I went full stupid this time. Sorry if I've been annoying. I know, it's already a miracle if we have a DNAS substitute now, so we should wait for further news.
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

no23
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by no23 »

Viscosity wrote:Ok I think we need to make some things very clear.

1. Just because DNAS works for old games now doesn't mean they have servers to connect to
DNAS was a check for sony to stop pirating and cheating. DNAS being down stops games that could still connect online from getting online.
If a game doesn't have a server to connect to, then this does nothing to change that fact.

2. You need to use a DNS that forwards to this new DNAS server as well as the server you are connecting to
Not every DNS has updated or sends to the right server for every game. This will have to be tested and verified by other users.
Short explanantion why games that are not in the DNAS forever collection cannot pass the test:
Every games uses a unique 1024 bit RSA key to decrypt data that is sent from the server. For games we have in the collection the data that needs to be sent is known. But we cannot reproduce the data for games that are not in the collection because we don't know the needed private keys. Factorizing a 1024 RSA key needs quite some time (google it ;) ) and it would've been done for every missing title.

So, unless I'm able to find another flaw in DNAS, we'll need bypass patches for games not in the collection.

Hunk91
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

No23 wrote: Short explanantion why games that are not in the DNAS forever collection cannot pass the test:
Every games uses a unique 1024 bit RSA key to decrypt data that is sent from the server. For games we have in the collection the data that needs to be sent is known. But we cannot reproduce the data for games that are not in the collection because we don't know the needed private keys. Factorizing a 1024 RSA key needs quite some time (google it ;) ) and it would've been done for every missing title.

So, unless I'm able to find another flaw in DNAS, we'll need bypass patches for games not in the collection.
Thank you No23 for those explication on how Dnas rsa Keys are done.
This leads me to an idea. You need a lot of calculating power to found this Keys. If a program which links Many computer to calculate the key is created this will reduce the time as every users of this program will give a part of their computer calculating power.
I'm thinking of a program like the SETI group is using.
Do you think this could work?
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

DragonBoy
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: DragonBoy

Post by DragonBoy »

Hurray! Come on! Lets all go for key mining! :P :P :P

chak88

Post by chak88 »

I saw Blitz The League in the saved games list does that mean it is still playable online and if so what is the DNS I would love to test it !

HeroWolfMod
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai username: KaiWolfMod

Post by HeroWolfMod »

chak88 wrote:I saw Blitz The League in the saved games list does that mean it is still playable online and if so what is the DNS I would love to test it !
As long someone is hosting a third party server for Blitz the League, you can play without problem. Remember, the fact a game's DNS packet has been saved doesn't mean it's playable yet.
Hellol, just an Italian member here!

Equipment! - PlayStation 2 Fat, PlayStation 2 Slim, [Free McBooted] Memory Card, Open PS2 Launcher

Online nickname! - If you see a player called HeroWolfMod or Lupo while playing, that's me for sure.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Actually Blitz the league used gamespy so you should be able to try it out with openspy.

Hunk91
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

I contacted Bob from Bobzent.info to let him know about the new DNAS server. I told him to be in touch with No23.

This games should not work with Bobz DNS (because his DNS doesn't redirect to No23 DNAS server) but should work with XcrtistihanX DNS :

Blitz The League
Deer Hunter
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (works with XcristiahnX DNS)
NBA Ballers
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

chak88

Post by chak88 »

I tested Blitz The League and Christians DNS gets past the DNAS with no problem ! Problem is it doesn't work with GameSpy so it says servers temporary unavailable :(

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Are you using openspy? I could take a look at it.