Medal of Honor Rising Sun!

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
tombraiderpro
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: Medal of Honor Rising Sun!

Post by tombraiderpro »

I will be on vacation for 1 week starting tomorrow, not that you care, but if I don't respond to anything, then you all know why...
SS_CUBS wrote:You can't get passed dnas with xlink I tried it yesterday. I did some packet logging and found the DNS server information. If someone can host it we might be in business. Still some obstacles though such as the sub lists.
Hmm... I hope we can get it to work eventually! I probably won't be much help because I know NOTHING about Xlink and LAN...
"What's a man got to do to get that kind of attention from ya?" - Tomb Raider 1996

daps2
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Post by daps2 »

dnas is still officially hosted by sony so we just need it forwarded there. As for subs there are already built in ones on xlink that may work.

SS_CUBS
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by SS_CUBS »

Yes but you can't bypass DNAS with xlink. I don't believe any of the xlink games have they're lan modes connect to dnas. That renders it near impossible. And that doesn't even help with the sublist problem. I have done some discussion about server hosted moh games. http://gameshare.co/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=237

tombraiderpro

Post by tombraiderpro »

Ok, I'm just making this post so this thread doesn't go dead...

Has anyone gotten any new news about if this is even possible? I have no clue how LAN Tunneling even works so I don't think I'll be much help...
"What's a man got to do to get that kind of attention from ya?" - Tomb Raider 1996

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Well I have seen people edit the files on the game to bypass DNAS. It makes it auto accept or something similar. If this was done then it may work. I would say the first thing to do would be to make sure it actually works in LAN mode. If you can hook up two ps2's or emulators and get a game going on the same network without tunneling then it might be possible. DNAS would still work if you use LAN mode as long as there is still an internet connection to both PS2's.

EDIT: Moved this topic to PS2 ONLINE Game Talk since this is not about scheduling a game.

tombraiderpro

Post by tombraiderpro »

Great!! Thank you!!

daps2

Post by daps2 »

I have 2 ps2's but only one copy of the game annoyingly. I will go see if i can get myself another one some point this week, last one cost me about 50p (under $1!)

tombraiderpro

Post by tombraiderpro »

Nice! I only have 1 PS2! And I've had it for about 15 years (meaning it's the Original/Fat Model.) I've been meaning to set up the PS2 emulator for my PC I just never got around to it! Maybe this would be a great time...

SS_CUBS
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by SS_CUBS »

Sorry for the late reply, had some technical issues with some of my devices. Anyways, no need to buy a second ps2 it does not work as we know it. I tried a couple weeks back with my emulator and my ps2. As I've said before when you host a server it can not find the sublist. So when the second user searches it never sees the hosted game. It only ever worked when the game was online. Essentially there never was a LAN mode. My brother and I played on the same connection for years with 2 ps2s. The only time LAN worked would have been when the router wasn't setup properly. And outside people couldn't see the room. The only way we can play the game is new servers. Also I have 15+ copies of the game. Do I win?

daps2

Post by daps2 »

Lol 15 copies. I think you win XD. Anyways i am sure if xli k justs forwards their server to dnas then they can emulate. And then we just need to post a "fake" server to make a region