What PS2 game to get next?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Grunt_Sniper
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: What PS2 game to get next?

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

jacobgrocks wrote:
Grunt_Sniper wrote:I bought Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm from some Goodwill company about 8 days ago and im still waiting for it. I hate buying games online because I get so anxious and testy when they show up late. I will check my Gamestop but it is only a small building on a strip mall. Last time I went there they had a whole wall of PS2 games and some in a big bin. I don't know what they've got now because the PS3 and Xbox 360 are so big and popular.
The PS2 is still popular as a cheap system, lots of people still have them because they are only $99 and have plenty of games.
The PS2 does not just have plenty of games, it has the largest (and best) game library. :P
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

Rapth
Level 15: Partial Spectrum Warrior: Ten Wrenches

Post by Rapth »

jacobgrocks wrote:
Grunt_Sniper wrote:I bought Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm from some Goodwill company about 8 days ago and im still waiting for it. I hate buying games online because I get so anxious and testy when they show up late. I will check my Gamestop but it is only a small building on a strip mall. Last time I went there they had a whole wall of PS2 games and some in a big bin. I don't know what they've got now because the PS3 and Xbox 360 are so big and popular.
The PS2 is still popular as a cheap system, lots of people still have them because they are only $99 and have plenty of games.
I got mine new for eighty dollars. :P Got lucky. Now, I can't really find them at all in any store. I have not really been hunting one down, just looking every once in awhile. I think PS2 is about gone. :(
(gmt-7)

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

jacobgrocks wrote:I'm planning on getting Champions of Norrah, Midnight Club 3, and

The best part about owning a BC ps3 is you can get PS2 games cheap and even play the HDD games (ff11, which is still up).
Did you buy one of the earlier Ps3's when they were all BC? Now you can only find them on Ebay and they sell for a pretty high price sometimes. The high gb i've seen on a BC ps3 is 80gb. :| They can be upgraded though.
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

GameStop.com is where I got mine....$200 for a 20gb and $220 for a 60gb. I grabbed a 20 and shoved a spare 120gb HDD in it.

As for the BC support in the 20/60, all games work as it has an entire PS2 chipset, so all games work exactly as they did on the PS2. Plus, it supports all the HDD games and lets you make virtual memory cards.

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

You got one new? I would love to have a new backwards compatible ps3. :D
(gmt-4)

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

No, refurb.

New ones are prob extremely expensive.

teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Post by teamR@@K!E »

If you can find it, you should give Tribes AA a try. The learning curve is huge but once you get to that right spot of figuring out some of the basics, it's like no other game you've played before, just incredible.

I have played tribes on my bc ps3 before.

Rapth
Level 15: Partial Spectrum Warrior: Ten Wrenches

Post by Rapth »

I just purchased FF X-2, Warcraft II Dark Saga, Resident Evil, Summoner, and Summoner 2. :P Most of which I have never played. But Warcraft II Dark Saga is an AMAZING GAME. I remember playing it when I was a get. It is an RTS game. I suggest giving it a try if you like that type of game. But be aware that it is kind of a rare/expensive game.
(gmt-7)

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

teamR@@K!E wrote:If you can find it, you should give Tribes AA a try. The learning curve is huge but once you get to that right spot of figuring out some of the basics, it's like no other game you've played before, just incredible.

I have played tribes on my bc ps3 before.
What is Tribes AA?
(gmt-4)