Star Wars Battlefront II intercontinental event

Create a thread here to schedule a time to play PS2 games online through their normal servers.
PyroJockey
Level 2: My Street Resident
Xlink Kai Setup?: no
Xlink Kai username: PyroJockey

Star Wars Battlefront II intercontinental event

Post by PyroJockey »

Announcing a special Star Wars Battlefront II event…

Our first ever SWBFII International Glitching Challenge.

The SWBFII OFFICIAL GLITCHING server will be hosting a modded glitching server that will be changing its region at 5 minute intervals between North America, Europe and Japan.

Mark your calendars and spread the word. The date is Saturday November 26th, 2011

The event will run for 3 hours from 15:00 - 18:00 UTC/GMT

Time zones and times for some major cities:
JST Tokyo 24:00 - 03:00
CEST Berlin 16:00 - 19:00
UTC/GMT London 15:00 - 18:00
EST New York 11:00 - 14:00
CST Chicago 10:00 - 13:00
MST Denver 9:00 - 12:00
PST Los Angeles 8:00 - 11:00

This is an open event and there will be no password. There is no specific objective for this challenge other than to meet new players and have fun playing SWBFII.

The server is on Game Tracker and will have its own statistics for those of you who keep score and want bragging rights.

We will be monitoring the chat box on http://www.swbf2glitch.net during the event.

How to join -

The region the server is listed in will change at regular 5 minute intervals.
North American players can join the server on the hour, 15 minutes past the hour, 30 minutes past the hour and 45 minutes past the hour (blue sections)

European players can join the server 5 minutes past the hour, 20 minutes past the hour, 35 minutes past the hour and 50 minutes past the hour (red sections)

Japanese players can join the server 10 minutes past the hour, 25 minutes past the hour, 40 minutes past the hour and 55 minutes past the hour (green sections)

When you are on the server selection screen, look for the SWBFII International Glitching server. If you are on at the appropriate time and you do not see the server, continue to press square to refresh the server list until it appears. If the server still does not appear check on GameTracker or contact us in our chat box to see if the server is full.

If you miss your region change, the next one will be in less than 10 minutes.

Keep in mind this is a glitching server and there are no rules. Glitching is allowed but not required.
The SWBFII Official Glitching server, yeah, it's something like that....
Last edited by PyroJockey on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
There are times you strive for greatness, to reach lofty goals and accomplish
noble deeds. Then there’s the rest of the times you just want to blow s--- up.

(gmt-4)

Awesom3B
Level 12: Warm Summer
Xlink Kai username: Awesom3B

Re: Star Wars Battlefront II intercontinental event

Post by Awesom3B »

while a lot of us have swbf2, most of us don't play on a regular basis because of glitching.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Yea I'm not a big fan of glitching/cheating in games in general. I have more a problem with it when people decide to it in random games while others are trying to play fair. At least when the server is titled to warn people glitching will be happening that is fine to me since I can just avoid it haha.

PyroJockey

Post by PyroJockey »

lazyhoboguy wrote:Yea I'm not a big fan of glitching/cheating in games in general. I have more a problem with it when people decide to it in random games while others are trying to play fair. At least when the server is titled to warn people glitching will be happening that is fine to me since I can just avoid it haha.
I agree with you on the cheating and we do not endorse gltiching in any of the non-glitching mainstream servers. The reason we decided to make our servers glitching servers was that no one else has. There are servers that specialize in conquest, CTF, Jedi assault, space battles, team damage on, team damage off, but none that allow glitching. Rather than compete for players we decided to address a niche market, the glitchers. We provide a venue for players seeking a non-traditional SWBF2 experience. It's only cheating if it's against the rules, we have no rules so anything goes.

Unfortunately there are always going to be people who just want to break the rules just to grief people. These people will continue to glitch in the mainstream servers regardless of the existence of a glitching server. It is up to the server admins to police their servers and keep them in check.

I don't know how recently you have played, but I know the SWBFII OFFICIAL ARENA has several good admins. I don't know who's running the current iteration of the SWBFII OFFICIAL SERVER or how many admins they have but I've seen they are giving 3 day bans to glitchers. I stay out of the Abyss. They have too many ambiguous rules for my liking and tend to have overzealous admins. The ROR Revolution and LF Server 1 are usually well policed.

(gmt-4)

PyroJockey

Post by PyroJockey »

Just a reminder, this event will be running Saturday November 26th, 2011

The event will run for 3 hours from 11:00 am - 2:00 pm EST (15:00 - 18:00 UTC/GMT)

(gmt-4)

PyroJockey

Post by PyroJockey »

The event was a huge success. The server was full for the 3 hour duration of the event and then some. We had players from all 3 regions spanning the globe, which to the best of my knowledge has never been done before with the PS2 version.

(gmt-4)

letsgothere
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...

Post by letsgothere »

What is up with all these star wars battlefront 2 sessions?

MajinHalo521
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: MetaSwordzGuy695

Post by MajinHalo521 »

I host most of them, usually once every other week, and last night because I had missed the last session. This was an inter-continential event that the poster thought many would enjoy because of all the Battlefront II sessions from the past few months.
(gmt-5)