Peculiar Issue with PS2 LAN

Go here to ask for help about how to play your Playstation 2 online and through LAN tunneling programs like Xlink Kai. If you have any other questions about how to get your PS2 online ask them here.
ripsta187
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Peculiar Issue with PS2 LAN

Post by ripsta187 »

Hi everyone I am new to the site, but not new to gaming. Been playing way back since the NES times. I would have to say the NES, SNES, and PS2 are my all time favorite consoles. Now down to business...

So I am trying to connect over a LAN two PS2's to play SOCOM US Navy Seals II with a buddy. I have a hub, two switches, and a router and can not seem to get the damn thing to run. Using the hub I went in and changed everything to a static IP address looks something like this:

PS1 - Original Fat PS2
DNS: 1.1.1.1

PS2 - New Slimline PS2

Technically, everything should work. If I host a game, my buddy can see it but when he connects the hosted game disconnects. It's really odd because there is no port forwarding involves because it is literally a dumb hub. My only thought is, If anyone has experienced this please interject, that the original and slimline ps2's are not network compatible.

I could be wrong, matter of fact, I hope I am wrong about this. I have searched everywhere and have not seen people complain about this issue. Thanks in advance for any help.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Re: Peculiar Issue with PS2 LAN

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I've never heard that a game has had problems with a ps2 fat and ps2 slim connecting to each other. I wonder if maybe there is a patch or dlc for Socom 2, and only one of your games has it? That could cause an issue , or otherwise maybe there is a problem with your setup. If you just connected both ps2s to your switch then router, or directly to your router seems like it would work to me. I don't know a whole lot about hubs, and if that might be causing a problem.

ripsta187
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by ripsta187 »

I Figured it out. Apparently, the game was looking for the recent patch which causes the LAN feature not to work. I pulled both memory cards out until I got to the LAN sign in screen. Worked like a charm.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

ripsta187 wrote:I Figured it out. Apparently, the game was looking for the recent patch which causes the LAN feature not to work. I pulled both memory cards out until I got to the LAN sign in screen. Worked like a charm.
Happy you figured it out.