Buy, Sell, Trade

Post here if you are having problems with the website or if you have comments about it.
The Don
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: bkchi

Buy, Sell, Trade

Post by The Don »

What do you guys think of a Buy/Sell/Trade forum for users to offer games and hardware that they'd like to sell or trade and to post their wants? It could also be used to offer services. For instance, I'm always on the lookout for network adapters and I have several PS2 hard drives I'd like to sell. Also, I'd be happy to exploit memory cards for people free of charge. If not an entire forum, a thread at least would be useful. Thanks.
(gmt-5)

altecgodofchaos
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Re: Buy, Sell, Trade

Post by altecgodofchaos »

how much you selling the hard drives for? if they are cheap ill buy one from you
(gmt-7)

Live in your world.
play in ours.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Not a bad idea. Will think about it.

The Don

Post by The Don »

altecgodofchaos wrote:how much you selling the hard drives for? if they are cheap ill buy one from you
I can't seem to find what I paid for them, but I'm thinking about $35 or so. No offense, but in the other thread you gave the impression that you didn't care much for either the HDD or the older model PS2s needed to run them.
(gmt-5)

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

I think a Buy/Sell/Trade sticky topic in the general PS2 section would be perfect.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I initially was thinking adding a section for buy/sell/trade would be a good idea, but I discussed it with Noonotthat and thought about it some more and we both fear it would bring too much off topic posting to the site if we did that. We have made the decision so far to not have any off topic sections on the site because we didn't want all the site activity to just flip over too subjects not related to the PS2. So far is seems like that was a good decision.

Perhaps if we limited the buy/sell/trade sections or stickied thread to PS2 related items it would help the site from turning into an offtopic forum. But don't know if it would be so limiting to that section that it would defeat the purpose of having a buy/sell/trade section.

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

To be honest most of the actual transaction will be gong through PM's anyway unless you want everyone to know where you live. You should pm each other about it.

The Don

Post by The Don »

lazyhoboguy wrote:Perhaps if we limited the buy/sell/trade sections or stickied thread to PS2 related items it would help the site from turning into an offtopic forum. But don't know if it would be so limiting to that section that it would defeat the purpose of having a buy/sell/trade section.
Absolutely. It would have to be just PS2 related things; games, hardware, accessories, so forth. People can go to craigslist if they're looking for an online flea market.
(gmt-5)

The Don

Post by The Don »

Favrenation wrote:To be honest most of the actual transaction will be gong through PM's anyway unless you want everyone to know where you live. You should pm each other about it.
Yeah, the thread/forum would just be a place to post your wants and haves. The actual sale or trade would take place privately.
(gmt-5)

altecgodofchaos
Level 7: PacifistZone
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by altecgodofchaos »

not to shabby, could you possibly lower the price to at least $25 to $30? thats a little expensive for an HDD. i mean i once found an ps2 HDD for $19.00 on ebay, but i didnt have the money at that time to buy it. im sorry, i was very rude in the other and for that i appologize.
The Don wrote:
altecgodofchaos wrote:how much you selling the hard drives for? if they are cheap ill buy one from you
I can't seem to find what I paid for them, but I'm thinking about $35 or so. No offense, but in the other thread you gave the impression that you didn't care much for either the HDD or the older model PS2s needed to run them.
(gmt-7)

Live in your world.
play in ours.