Playstation 2 sells 150 million units worldwide.

Where to discuss topics about PS2 gaming not related to its online aspect.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Playstation 2 sells 150 million units worldwide.

Post by lazyhoboguy »

As of December 2010 150 million Playstation 2 consoles have been sold across the world. This is the first console ever to sell that many units. That is pretty nuts, but it makes sense since the system has such a huge library of good games. I see the console selling decently for the near future too since it's a very affordable gaming option when compared to current generation systems.

Sources: http://www.destructoid.com/playstation- ... 4025.phtml

http://kotaku.com/#!5750636/the-ps2-just-will-not-die

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Re: Playstation 2 sells 150 million units worldwide.

Post by NoLimits »

Yeah and it's actually been just recently released in some countries.

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

Too bad Sony won't keep online up... :(
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

Mr.Chale
Level 5: 187 Avoid this Game or Die
Xlink Kai username: Mr Chale

Post by Mr.Chale »

proves to be the most successfull console ever sucks that sony is sniping game servers picking em off 1 by 1
(gmt-6)

<embed src="http://www.clocklink.com/clocks/world00 ... e=GMT-0600&" width="480" height="250" wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash">

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

Sony is just focusing on ps3 (i <3 my 60gb bc ps3! :D ) because if they dont, Microsoft will dominate the video game market. I love ps3 but, Sony has their hands full with it. Hacks, PSN, New content, Millions of People on servers, and Microsoft keep them busy. It is a shame. Ps3 made them give up on PSP and on PS2. I love my ps2 (fat black one from 2001 :P ). They are just moving on with next gen consoles :cry: . Microsoft already eliminated all original Xbox servers and I'm afraid Ps2 is right behind the original Xbox. :(
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

21SkAt3r21 wrote:Sony is just focusing on ps3 (i <3 my 60gb bc ps3! :D ) because if they dont, Microsoft will dominate the video game market. I love ps3 but, Sony has their hands full with it. Hacks, PSN, New content, Millions of People on servers, and Microsoft keep them busy. It is a shame. Ps3 made them give up on PSP and on PS2. I love my ps2 (fat black one from 2001 :P ). They are just moving on with next gen consoles :cry: . Microsoft already eliminated all original Xbox servers and I'm afraid Ps2 is right behind the original Xbox. :(
yeah exactly :|, although ps2 is different since there is no one online service that controls all online servers. So it relies more on Gamespy and how long they keep them up, or if for some reason Sony requests they shut down all their serves as some point.