Which Socom to get?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
AE86Steve
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Which Socom to get?

Post by AE86Steve »

Hi I just recently got a ps2 and was wondering what Socom game is most played online still? Could not really find any answers on the net. But I see Socom 2 seems to be the most liked. But I read SOCOM: U.S. Navy SEALs Combined Assault is the newest along with having tons of maps.

Thanks guys let me know so I can get playing online. :D

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Re: Which Socom to get?

Post by jacobgrocks »

Combined Assault/3 is the most played, 1 and 2 still have plenty of people on IIRC.

Grunt_Sniper
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

Socom 2 is the best. Unfortunately, SC2 doesn't have half as many players as Combined Assault. If I were you I would try to get all Socom 1, 2, 3, and CA. They are all fun games online or offline. I bought Socom 3 new for $1.99 on Ebay. I also got Socom 2 and CA "Like New" for a few dollars. :P
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

AE86Steve
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by AE86Steve »

Thanks guys. Ill probably go get socom 2 and socom ca. I read CA has tons of maps. :D

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

AE86Steve wrote:Thanks guys. Ill probably go get socom 2 and socom ca. I read CA has tons of maps. :D
and (fyi) numerous jerk coders and cheaters. just a lil warning for you... but it still very fun game :P
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

SG-17
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by SG-17 »

If you pick up Combined Assault you will need a small flashdrive (at least 1gb) to download and install the free map packs onto. That is assuming you don't have an old PS2 with the HDD.
(GMT-5)
Star Wars: Battlefront I & II | SOCOM I, II, 3/CA | Battlefield 2: Modern Combat | Godzilla: Save the Earth

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

The Map Packs only take up 56mb :P
(gmt-4)

SG-17
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by SG-17 »

An 8gb stick is like $15. I doubt that you can find them under 2gb anymore anyway.
(GMT-5)
Star Wars: Battlefront I & II | SOCOM I, II, 3/CA | Battlefield 2: Modern Combat | Godzilla: Save the Earth

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

I got a 1gb usb a few years ago.Idk if they still sell them. Make sure your usb is FAT32 so u can download the awesome maps.

Nice avatar SG-17. I love Stargate. :)
(gmt-4)