Syphon Filter OFFLINE?!?! OH GOD NO!!

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Grunt_Sniper
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Syphon Filter OFFLINE?!?! OH GOD NO!!

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Re: Syphon Filter OFFLINE?!?! OH GOD NO!!

Post by wawowe »

It's not offline. Assuming you're using an esr patched disc or some other method to play, you also need to patch dnas.
Otherwise it's an issue with your network configuration.

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Well it's back online via bobz at thps.info hosting it and it looks like his website is down currently. So the game wont work online right now. I assume he will get everything back up soon though. His site goes down occasionally.

Rapth
Level 15: Partial Spectrum Warrior: Ten Wrenches

Post by Rapth »

I have to say, when I got online this morning, and seen this thread, I laughed a little bit. :P Right after you started looking for players for Syphon filter, the servers went down. :P Glad to see that is not the case though.

Also 100th post.
(gmt-7)

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

wawowe wrote:It's not offline. Assuming you're using an esr patched disc or some other method to play, you also need to patch dnas.
Otherwise it's an issue with your network configuration.
LOL wawowe. I bought SFTOS from Walmart for only $10. It is the Greatest Hits version. I don't have any patched discs I just know about PS2 modding and that sort.
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

how many people play this?
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

21SkAt3r21 wrote:how many people play this?
I have seen 3 different people so far online on SFTOS. Including me that is four. There are several other players, but, it seems, they are not as active as others. I have 5 friends on SFTOS already. Me and Keith are very active. So if you want to play when you get the game, you can just hmu or Keith. A good idea is to join the Syphon Filter forums. :P
(gmt-4)

Rapth

Post by Rapth »

Is the online good on that game? I suppose I could just look up some videos, but what kind of online is it? Like Call Of Duty Style, or Halo style? Also how many different online game modes do they have?
(gmt-7)

Grunt_Sniper

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

Online is really fun. :P The online is about the same as the offline. The only mode online is co-op. There is no DM or TDM. You can play 9 of the 17 missions online. Up to 4 players can join a co-op mission.
(gmt-4)

Rapth

Post by Rapth »

Freaking sweet!!! I actually seen this game in Walmart the other day, I didn't have any money at the time, but I knew people played it here. Maybe next time I get paid I will buy it. :P
(gmt-7)