Which offline ps2 games would have been great online?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Which offline ps2 games would have been great online?

Post by lazyhoboguy »

So I have been playing Downhill Domination recently, which I posted about here: http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... 3452#p3452 , and I really wished this game had an online or LAN mode. It got me thinking that this could be a cool topic if we discussed which offline Playstation 2 games would have been really fun to play online.

Besides Downhill Domination, I think Red Faction 2 is a game that really would have been amazing if it were online. That game's multiplayer is really fun and is extremely customizable. It has something like 40 maps and has really fun and unique weapons. Here is some gameplay of the offline bot multiplayer:

Click here to learn how to add YouTube Videos to your phpBB forum

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Re: Which offline ps2 games would have been great online?

Post by NoLimits »

I agree that Red Faction 2 seems perfect for online (although I've never played it), but I'd say James Bond 007: Nightfire would work well online too. You could play with bots (4 on the PS2, 6 on the Gamecube) and there was solid weapon variety/map variety. Toss in a couple more maps though and the game would be perfect for online. I've spent at least one hundred hours playing against bots/splitscreen with bots, so online would have increased the already great lasting appeal, for me.

Return to Castle Wolfenstein: Operation Resurrection really should of had online as well. The PS2 port of the game only includes the campaign which is a real shame, since Wolfenstein is more known for its multiplayer (and the campaign isn't all that great).

I would have liked to see the Guitar Hero games have online support, since I used to enjoy those games but rarely had someone to play against.

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by thebadassdude »

shellshock nam 67 should haved been online.The story wasnt that great.Coop would be awesome too for the story sice your character you play as doesnt even talk.Grand theft auto liberty city storiesshould haved online the psp version did but it was adhoc.I would like medal of honor european assault,frontline and vanguard to have online those games were awesome.
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone
We're a broken people living under a loaded gun
And it cant be out fought,it cant be out done
it cant be out match.it cant be out run.NO!

21SkAt3r21
Level 27: ATV: PavedRoad Glee

Post by 21SkAt3r21 »

007: Nightfire. The first shooter I ever played. Me and my friend logged thousands of hours onto the splitscreen mode against bots. I recently acquired the PC version for 2$ and it has an online mode and it is a blast! Some things are toned down (so they arent overpowered) and it is awesome. The ps2 version would have been better online because the ps2 version of the the game has better maps and some different weapons.

Guitar Hero 1 & Guitar Hero 2. Everyone I know wishes these had online. The songs on them are good and they are overall fun games. The newer ones songs arent as good as the first 2 and the characters in the newer ones are weird.

Just Cause 1. It would be just like GTA. You and your friends could run around causing choas and stealing vehicles and go crazy. JC1 and JC2 both lack multiplayer and it is a HUGE disappointment because me and my friends love them both.

Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts. We dont really need another Call of Duty online but it would have been nice to throw in an online mode. It is a big upgrade from COD1, COD2, and COD3 but still lacks lots of features. A zombie mode with online would have been nice (Like PS3 and XBOX360). They couldve added the 3-5-7 killstreak layout and maybe create-a-class to make it have the modern console feel but be on ps2.

:D :D :D :D :D
THPS 4 LIFE

(gmt-6)

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

I used to own 007: Nightfire and I remember being surprised by how fun the bot multiplayer was. Think that was the game where you could throw oddjob's hat as a weapon and control RC helicopter weapon things haha.

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...

Post by thebadassdude »

lazyhoboguy wrote:I used to own 007: Nightfire and I remember being surprised by how fun the bot multiplayer was. Think that was the game where you could throw oddjob's hat as weapon and control RC helicopter weapon things haha.
yes i had this game for gamecube.Its the best
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...

Post by thebadassdude »

21SkAt3r21 wrote:007: Nightfire. The first shooter I ever played. Me and my friend logged thousands of hours onto the splitscreen mode against bots. I recently acquired the PC version for 2$ and it has an online mode and it is a blast! Some things are toned down (so they arent overpowered) and it is awesome. The ps2 version would have been better online because the ps2 version of the the game has better maps and some different weapons.

Guitar Hero 1 & Guitar Hero 2. Everyone I know wishes these had online. The songs on them are good and they are overall fun games. The newer ones songs arent as good as the first 2 and the characters in the newer ones are weird.

Just Cause 1. It would be just like GTA. You and your friends could run around causing choas and stealing vehicles and go crazy. JC1 and JC2 both lack multiplayer and it is a HUGE disappointment because me and my friends love them both.

Call of Duty: World at War: Final Fronts. We dont really need another Call of Duty online but it would have been nice to throw in an online mode. It is a big upgrade from COD1, COD2, and COD3 but still lacks lots of features. A zombie mode with online would have been nice (Like PS3 and XBOX360). They couldve added the 3-5-7 killstreak layout and maybe create-a-class to make it have the modern console feel but be on ps2.

:D :D :D :D :D

yeah that would be nice
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

Black (although I've never played it), would have probably been solid online.

thebadassdude
Gone for 25 to Life...
Gone for 25 to Life...

Post by thebadassdude »

NoLimits wrote:Black (although I've never played it), would have probably been solid online.
you haved never played black ;0 its awesome best graphics on ps2 ever
(gmt-7)
God bless us everyone

hobojoe44
Level 3: The Not Very Fast and the Perturbed
Xlink Kai username: [STFU]*hobojoe44

Post by hobojoe44 »

All the GTA games and other sandbox games (there is code of the multiplayer component in 3 that was never finished)
Metal Arms: Glitch in the system
Freedom Fighters (more then just the 3 multiplayer maps)
The conflict games (Conflict Global has LAN and online but the other 3 don't, The second one has DLC for the XBox version)

Then there are countless games that have online multiplayer but not LAN.