Champions Return to Arms on PS3?

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
mygb
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Champions Return to Arms on PS3?

Post by mygb »

I know this is a PS2 forum but I can't find answers anywhere else.
What I am asking is has anyone managed to get Champions of Norrath or Return to Arms online using a 80gb fat PS3? Sure single player works fine, but when I try to setup a connection using the games network setup utility it tells me that "No hardware detected" after I go to "Add."

I have heard people saying they can play it online with the 60 GB PS3, but it seems like the 80GB is unable to, due to emulation or something?

Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Re: Champions Return to Arms on PS3?

Post by Viscosity »

Well the 80gb one is software emulation atleast more software then its 60gb counterpart. What you can do is get a game that has a network config utility other than Champions Return to Arms and set it up with that. Then try to run the game online. I think the ps3 has a downloadable ps2 network config app too.

mygb

Post by mygb »

I saw a few posts on the internet about getting a game with a network set up utility but I figured since Champions already has one, wouldn't the other game do the same thing? I just hope someone with the same PS3 as me can clarify. If not I might go and buy Socom for its network utility....

Viscosity
site admin

Post by Viscosity »

Well tribes is 3 bucks at gamestop. Tribes Aerial Assault has a network utility disc. http://www.ps2onlinegaming.com/forum/vi ... f=29&t=180 Here is a list of games with the network utility built in. If it doesn't work for you on that game it might be a problem with the game idk but 3 dollars at gamestop shouldn't be too much of a gamble if you want to play it online.

mygb

Post by mygb »

Yeah I got Gaunlet Seven Sorrows and it has a network setup utility. I set it up using that and was able to play Gauntlet online. So I put in Champions RTA thinking it would work too. I select online game I got further than before and It asks me to select the adapter and the SCE/Ethernet Adapter is there so I select it and then it says Initializing Network Connection for a few seconds then it says network adapter for playstation 2 is detached. So yeah I guess this game has different coding or something but it does not want to work.

Rapth
Level 15: Partial Spectrum Warrior: Ten Wrenches
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Rapth »

I can not 100% verify for the 80GB model, but the first one works online on the 60GB model, I tried it using my little brothers system. Eventually I plan to get RTA, and play that online with the same group as people as the first one. I will let you know if your still wondering.

In the meantime, you can try playing the first one online with us. There is a thread about this in the forums... If you have trouble finding it, I will link it.
(gmt-7)

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

The 80gb software emulates everything but the GPU so it has issues running games. IMO, you should try grabbing a used PS2 dirt cheap from GameStop.