How to play Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain Online Again

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

How to play Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain Online Again

Post by FreddY »

_____________________________________________________________________________________
(Network Service Terminated as of June 27, 2012)

_____________________________________________________________________________________
After a little tweaking by myself, Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain for PS2 is now back online! Now hosted on a 24/7 DNS server thanks to Bobz of BobzEnt.info!

Here are some images of me accessing Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain online:

(Logging in online)

(Online Command Center)

(Hosting game lobby/mission)

In order to play online, just set your Primary DNS Server in your PS2 Network Configuration to:

(24/7 DNS server hosted by Bobz of BobzEnt.info; As a bonus, this DNS configuration will also allow you to play any of the Tony Hawk PS2 games, Battlefield 2: Modern Combat (Account Creation), Tribes: Aerial Assault, All-Star Baseball 2005, Blitz: The League, NBA Ballers, NBA Ballers: Phenom, MLB SlugFest: Loaded, Mortal Kombat: Deception, Mortal Kombat: Armageddon, Deer Hunter and Risk: Global Domination online as they, too, are hosted by Bobz)
If you have this game and would like to schedule a time to play, reply to this thread or post a topic over in the Game Scheduling section.

See you online!

Special thanks to FreddY for providing the hosting method and to Bobz of BobzEnt.info for hosting Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain 24/7.
Last edited by FreddY on Thu Sep 13, 2012 8:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FreddY
Level 11: Ratchet & Clank: Stay Out of My Arsenal!
Xlink Kai username: Razxr

Re: How to play Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain Online Again

Post by FreddY »

Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain allows you to team up with others online to tackle seventeen lengthy missions with hundreds of objectives.

Bringing together the single player and multiplayer gameplay, Omega Strain's online and offline modes feature the same seventeen missions. And while most are locked initially, players are able to advance through the levels and the games' campaign while playing both on or offline. Also, you only have to create one character to gain experience for each mission regardless of whether or not you are playing online.

For those that don't own it, it's relatively easy to find online and only $9.99 new, $1.99 used at GameStop, so give it a shot.
Last edited by FreddY on Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mytho
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!
Xlink Kai username: LjariusSneed580

Post by Mytho »

Excellent! I only got to play Syphon Filter online a few times back in the day. The few times I did get on, nobody was interested in showing a new player the ropes, only in perfecting their runs in each level.

Now that everybody is on the same page, I'm looking forward to actually playing the game, and not dealing with speedrunners.
(gmt-5)
Let Battlefield 2: Modern Combat go!

lazyhoboguy
site admin
Xlink Kai username: lazyhobobum

Post by lazyhoboguy »

Thanks again freddy and thanks again bob for getting this game temporarily back online. I just recently picked up this game but haven't tried it yet.

I'll add this info into the guides section of the site.

waldotime
Level 6: Respectful Citizen Golf 2
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by waldotime »

i own this but thought it was dead. wold definatly play anytime as long as i can figure out the dns thingy !

ShipDeckSurvivor
Level 1: Deer Hunter
Xlink Kai username: N/A

Post by ShipDeckSurvivor »

Very nice job!! I got it up and running and would love to play with some people. Hit me up or schedule times people, this was an online masterpiece I missed outon.
(gmt-7)

cpt_willard

Post by cpt_willard »

I spent so many hours on this game back in the day, one of my all time favorites.

I entering the DNS information as listed and attempted to jump back online, but I every time I tried I got the network error -612 at the DNAS authentication. I figure it's either a problem with my router or my wireless ethernet bridge. Any advice? I really want to jump back into the Omega Strain :D

wawowe
site admin
Xlink Kai username: wawowe

Post by wawowe »

cpt_willard wrote:
I entering the DNS information as listed and attempted to jump back online, but I every time I tried I got the network error -612 at the DNAS authentication. I figure it's either a problem with my router or my wireless ethernet bridge. Any advice?

-612 is a dns error.
set your primary dns server to bobz and your secondary to your routers ip or whatever dns server your configuration usually uses. that should help.
without a normal dns server in the config the game can't see the dnas server so that's why it's failing i assume. unless bobz has his server configured to redirect dnas.

anyway set your secondary dns server to your routers ip and see if that helps.

EDIT: also the game may need specific ports open to work. that might be the problem

edit2: just looked it up. TCP 3658 evidently has to be open(forwarded to you ps2's ip, not pc). so try that first

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

My DNS server can be used for everyday browsing if you want. The only difference between it and normal DNS servers is that it redirects these games.

Through my experience using a wireless/ethernet bridge with my ps2 is that i have to use manual ip settings as well in order for it to connect. Otherwise it fails continuously. Try that, and also; having the secondary DNS can never hurt, I generally use google's DNS server for stuff. It's 8.8.8.8

Let me know if it works. =)
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

cpt_willard

Post by cpt_willard »

Well I tried entering my router's IP address in the secondary DNS server and that didn't work, then I tired google's DNS 8.8.8.8 (lol) and that hasn't worked either. Port 3658 TCP should be open on my settings too....this is really frustrating :cry: