DNAS forever

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
teamR@@K!E
Level 41: Can't Think of More Ranks...Time to Split!

Re: DNAS forever

Post by teamR@@K!E »

I just hope this guy is real and not the same TROLL as before.

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by carcass64 »

teamR@@K!E wrote:So far none of the games can pass DNAS. There was a troll in here before saying the same thing that he could do it and he had everyone fooled, but me. I just hope this isn't the same guy as before. I'll just stay skeptic and wait until someone plays and connects to someone one else online passing DNAS and i wonder what game they'll test first.
Well n23 has noted that it will take a couple of months to implement this on all of these games. I think only a few games like SWBF1 and SWBF2 are ready right now.

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

And has he tested it out with another player from here?

Any game to start and focus on would be great, just do a game you can't do online right now like socom, killzone, or bf2mc. You can already play swbf2 online with little to no problem. Do and focus on another game is all i'm saying.

carcass64
Level 4: Rumble Group

Post by carcass64 »

teamR@@K!E wrote:And has he tested it out with another from here?
forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1976&start=60
Check out this thread where n23 mentions SWBF1 and 2

teamR@@K!E

Post by teamR@@K!E »

Yeah so, who has posted that it's working, that they played and tested it and why on a game that is usually easy to connect and play online. I could do the same thing for tribes aa. Look i'm just saying wait and see, but don't get taken for a long ride.

Vedita BR
Level 17: Silly Sam: Previous Encounter
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes
Xlink Kai username: LtCarlos

Post by Vedita BR »

If a game passes on DNAS Authorization proccess, it doesn't mean it can connect to it's game server.
PlayStation® 2 System
SCPH-90010, 39001, SCE Modem/Ethernet (Network Adaptor)
OPL 0.9.X WIP

METAL GEAR ONLINE is BACK! SaveMGO.com
-Vedita BR / Fury-K96

no23
Level 7: PacifistZone

Post by no23 »

teamR@@K!E wrote:So far none of the games can pass DNAS.
Then you're doing something wrong. Check again before implying I'm a troll.
teamR@@K!E wrote:Look i'm just saying wait and see, but don't get taken for a long ride.
Yeah, and the "just wait and see" mentality has put us into this unfortunate position of having way too few captures to revive all the games we love... *sarcasm mode off*

In absolutely no way did I say that all the games in the list can be played online again. Those are the ones passing DNAS authentification and exactly this has been confirmed by other members of this forum. We are running the same setup for the Outbreak games, those work perfectly. I tested myself with every single game I added from my own collection (22 titles from EU,US,JP), all pass authentification without patches.

SWBF1 (US) + SWBF2 (US+JP) has been tested independently by a staff member of obsrv.org.
Gundam VS. Z-Gundam (JP) has been tested by the owner of the private server for Gundam.

Again, passing the DNAS test doesn't mean the game is playable online. To make this happen further work needs to be done. For example adding more redirections for openspy games. I did this for SWBF1+SWBF2 for testing purposes. But I am not going to add every needed redirection for every game to my server, the better way is to let people like Bobz and Christian and others who drive DNS servers to add the gateway IPs to their lists and you're done.

Games without a working gameserver emulation (SOCOM or Burnout series for example) need a lot more work because the gameserver itself needs to be (re)programmed. Totally different story. Having DNAS out of the way helps other projects to possibly revive these games.

Hunk91
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

Hi all!

when No23 posted that the new DNAS server was running and wanted to do some test to confirm it worked, I played Star Wars Battlefront 2 (NTSC-U) with his DNS (149.56.101.45) on October the 7th. DNAS check passed, I could joined Dracula's server and played (unfortunatly no players were there).

Then I played Star Wars Battlefront 1 (NTSC-U) still with his DNS (149.56.101.45). DNAS check passed, I could joined a server and saw that xCrI$TiAhNx joined too. He saw me too : forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1976&start=60#p12887

Yesterday evening (October the 10th), I just wanted to make a test and played Star Wars Battlefront 2 (NTSC-U) on xCrI$TiAhNx server (DNS : 186.34.189.167). DNAS check passed, I could joined Dracula's server, played and another player joined (his nickname was Panama). Maybe xCrI$TiAhNx redirected the DNAS check request to No23's DNAS server.
Here is a video I made : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v6JaIPQhx4 (and here is when you see the other player : https://youtu.be/2v6JaIPQhx4?t=2m42s )

For those who doubt that No23 is the_Fog you can read his post at obsrv.org : http://obsrv.org/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=3 ... =15#p36753

Trust No23, he knows what he is doing, and xCrI$TiAhNxis is also doing a great job.

I plan to test Hotwheels Stunt Track Challenge (NTSC-U) on bobz DNS to see if he can reditrect to No23's DNAS server and if it's possible to create room, and if others can join. This needs to be schedule. IF it's not working with bobz DNS, I will test with xCrI$TiAhNx's one

Additional tests can be done for Area 51 on xCrI$TiAhNx server.

I hope this can reassure some of you.

For the games playable, the list there is a good start : forum/viewtopic.php?p=12926#p12926 . But only those which are in this list AND No23 DNAS games list are playable.

I will try to make a clear list later.

best regards

Edit : I made the list, you can download it here : http://www.cjoint.com/doc/16_10/FJllYqqlLAV_ps2.pdf

To sum up, those games are still working (DNAS check ok, and custom DNS as before) :

AllStar Baseball 2005 US
Area 51 EU
Biohazard Outbreak File 1 JP
Biohazard Outbreak File 2 JP
Blitz The League US
Call of Duty 2 Big Red One EU / US
Call of Duty 3 EU / US
Call of Duty Finest Hour EU / US
Crash n Burn US
Deer Hunter US
FlatOut 2 US
Greg Hastings Tournament Paintball MAXD US
Gundam vs ZGundam JP
hack fragment JP
Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge US
Metal Gear Solid 3  Snake Eater EU
Midnight Club 3 DUB Edition Remix US
Mortal Kombat Armageddon US
NBA Ballers US
Pro Evolution Soccer 6
Risk Global Domination US
Sniper Elite US
Star Wars Battlefront EU /JP / US
Star Wars Battlefront II EU / JP /US
ToCA Race Driver 3 US
Tony Hawks American Wasteland US
Tony Hawks Underground US
Tony Hawks Underground 2 US
Urban Chaos Riot Response US
Last edited by Hunk91 on Tue Oct 11, 2016 12:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O

leader021
Level 1: Deer Hunter

Post by leader021 »

don't if this is the best topic to explain my problem but here it goes:
i have an european (PAL) ps2 slim and for the past 2 days i tried to play all 3 call of duty games that have online functionalities. it happens that i use opl 0.9.3 and every game id that i use (does it equal to dnas??) as well as every dns that i use (either is directly or any of the most used dns'es, using dhcp) all games give the 600-ish errors. do i have the play the pal ones or the ntsc ones work? also, on a peeping tom-esque tone, what is the most played game around this side, excluding battlefront?

Hunk91
Xlink Kai username: Hunk91

Post by Hunk91 »

leader021 wrote:don't if this is the best topic to explain my problem but here it goes:
i have an european (PAL) ps2 slim and for the past 2 days i tried to play all 3 call of duty games that have online functionalities. it happens that i use opl 0.9.3 and every game id that i use (does it equal to dnas??) as well as every dns that i use (either is directly or any of the most used dns'es, using dhcp) all games give the 600-ish errors. do i have the play the pal ones or the ntsc ones work? also, on a peeping tom-esque tone, what is the most played game around this side, excluding battlefront?
Hi leader021!

In OPL the game ID is the DNAS key you will send to the DNAS server. You can send them to me by PM and I will check if those are ok with PAL versions.

Then for the DNS you should use is this one : 186.34.189.167 (should work at least for CoD 3)

As for the most played games, battlefront 2 is played a lot (I saw a video for a game that took place last Saturday and there was 12 players online). Then Biohazard Outbreak File#1 and 2 is heavily played. When we scheduled Area 51 games a lot of people joined.
\\FAT PAL PS2 + Internal 64GB SD Card + FMCB 1.953 + OPL 0.9.3
\\PCSX2 1.40 + CLR DEV9 V0.8.2 (Playing via Wifi!)

Playing: B.O File#1&2, SWBF I&II,Sniper Elite, Area 51, Hot Wheels Stunt Track Challenge, T.M.B.O, C.O.D 3, M.G.S.3.O