SOCOM servers to be terminated 8/31/12

A place to discuss Playstation 2 online gaming.
Viscosity
site admin
Xlink Kai Setup?: yes

Re: SOCOM servers to be terminated 8/31/12

Post by Viscosity »

Coding a master server is no where near as simple as it seems. Just having the packets doesn't mean a master server will just appear.

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

I know, it's not that simple, but for anyone it makes the job a lot easier since then they don't have to work as hard to reverse engineer it, look at the RE Outbreak project.

NoLimits
Level 23: Ribbon of Shame: Rising Storm
Xlink Kai username: NoLimits

Post by NoLimits »

Socom: Combined Assault was an immensely enjoyable game and served as my go-to game when I just wasn't feeling BF2: Modern Combat (my main game). This truly sucks...

Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Post by Masquarr »

Don't forget about the free downloadable maps for SOCOM 3/CA! The maps are free, but they have DRM, so you can't move them from one console to the other. After the servers that hold the maps get shut down, the maps will be gone forever. Try to download a copy of each map for each PS2 that you own or have access to, if possible.
(gmt-4)

Bobz1993
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai username: bobz1993

Post by Bobz1993 »

Masquarr wrote:Don't forget about the free downloadable maps for SOCOM 3/CA! The maps are free, but they have DRM, so you can't move them from one console to the other. After the servers that hold the maps get shut down, the maps will be gone forever. Try to download a copy of each map for each PS2 that you own or have access to, if possible.
I was aware about the maps, but not the protection. Was figuring they could be rehosted if a server solution was found, but there goes that. Or add more work to work around any filechecks.
Specifically supporting Mortal Kombat, Midnight Club 3, All Star Baseball 2005, THPS, Tribes:AA and other games supported by OpenSpy.
To connect use my DNS server, 67.249.158.107

Visit http://bobzent.info for more info.

Dominator94
Level 2: My Street Resident

Post by Dominator94 »

Masquarr wrote:Don't forget about the free downloadable maps for SOCOM 3/CA! The maps are free, but they have DRM, so you can't move them from one console to the other. After the servers that hold the maps get shut down, the maps will be gone forever. Try to download a copy of each map for each PS2 that you own or have access to, if possible.
You can use the map packs on any console. The update only can be use on the console you downloaded it on. If you don't got the update on your console you won't be able to play the map packs.

The maps are actually not hosted on the game servers. The maps are hosted on different server so not sure if Sony going to remove the map packs right away, but it still good to download the maps now and saved them to a place safe.

Here the download links from the official Sony server that host the map packs.

Create a file on the root of your flash drive call SOCOM3 if you using SOCOM 3, or if you using SOCOM CA call it SOCOMCA. In that file make a sub folder call RUN. You going to put all of the maps you download in the RUN folder.

SOCOM CA MAP PACK
After Hours
here

Liberation
here

Last Bastion
here

BLIZZARD
here

BLOOD LAKE
here

ABANDONED
here

DESERT GLORY
here

CROSSROADS
here

FISHHOOK
here

FROSTFIRE
here

GUIDANCE
here

SOCOM 3 MAP PACK

After Hours
here

Liberation
here

Last Bastion
here

BLIZZARD
here

BLOOD LAKE
here

ABANDONED
here

DESERT GLORY
here

CROSSROADS
here

FISHHOOK
here

FROSTFIRE
here

GUIDANCE
here

Masquarr
Level 22: Rogue Soldier
Xlink Kai username: masquedwarrior

Post by Masquarr »

Woops! Sorry for misleading everyone; I guess I misinterpreted something I read a few years ago. I actually don't have the SOCOM 3/CA patch downloaded, but I'll be sure to download it, and I will hang onto it, so that I can use the patch for the game's LAN mode after August 31st. I'll also hold on to the SOCOM 2 and Killzone patches, (even though the latter doesn't have LAN mode.)

Also, here's a link to the packet logs I made in SOCOM, Amplitude, and SOCOM II: http://www.mediafire.com/?dranwh54bkrbt I couldn't find my SOCOM 3 files, unfortunately. (I hardly did any logging for SOCOM 3, though.)
Last edited by Masquarr on Tue Jun 19, 2012 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(gmt-4)

Grunt_Sniper
Level 10: Delta Force: White Seagull Down
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by Grunt_Sniper »

SOCOM it is painfuI to see you go. I will miss thee dearly♥♥. :(

SOCOM FOR LIFE!
(gmt-4)
PS2 Online Games: Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Jungle Storm*~*Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain*~*SOCOM*~*SOCOM II*~*SOCOM 3/SOCOM CA*~*Sniper Elite*~*Tony Hawk's UnderGround 2

SG-17
Level 4: Rumble Group
Xlink Kai Setup?: no

Post by SG-17 »

Could Bobz Entertainment possibly create a workaround with another online game like maybe SWBF?
(GMT-5)
Star Wars: Battlefront I & II | SOCOM I, II, 3/CA | Battlefield 2: Modern Combat | Godzilla: Save the Earth

jacobgrocks
Level 18: Tourist Evil: Fannypack Outbreak
Xlink Kai username: jacobgrocks

Post by jacobgrocks »

SG-17 wrote:Could Bobz Entertainment possibly create a workaround with another online game like maybe SWBF?
SWBF is still up afaik, just the patch server's down.

As for SOCOM, 2, 3, and CA have Kai, but 1 needs a custom server coded, which requires more then just redirection....

Maybe someone at Onlineconsoles could do it, they are really dedicated to coding masterlists, and coded the tribes one.